Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pest-free pants

I'm not exactly sure how, but a spot or two of cat piss got on a pair of my jeans. It wasn't that bad, so I figured I'd just Febreze them and toss 'em in the wash. A few days later, Ike and I were reorganizing the living room and investigating the spot on our new couch that had gotten cat piss on it. Over the past few days, I'd put some baking soda + water paste on the couch a few times and vacuumed it up, and the smell was pretty much gone.

Ike: "It's pretty good. I think it might just need to air out. You know, when you put the baking soda water on there, it's still wet and maybe some time left open would finish it off."
Marth: "Yeah, I think that's a good idea. But can I Febreze it? That should dry pretty quickly and might help the residual smell."
Ike: "Sure, I think that'd be fine."

I go grab the bottle of Febreze from the bathroom. Brandishing the bottle, I say to Ike...

Marth: "We really don't have much of this left."
Ike: "That's not Febreze."
Marth: "What?"
Ike: "That's soapy garlic water I use on my plants as a pest repellant."

*pause*

Ike: "Well, those jeans of yours probably don't have any spider mites on them."

Following this conversation, he relabeled the bottle. Now I need to find the actual Febreze.

No comments:

Post a Comment