Tuesday, January 31, 2012

New Stoneware Set

Image from Target.com.


I swear we walked into Target needing only to buy ginger ale or something, but we walked out with ginger ale, the stoneware set you see pictured to the right, and probably six other things we weren't planning to buy.

We got the set on clearance for $35. I think those are the first retail-purchased dishes we have since moving to California. I bought some "College 08" stoneware dishes (guess what year), and they are pretty plain (white with green accents). All of our other dishware has come from Craigslisting or Goodwilling. I've never owned square plates before. They don't really fit in the dish drainer very well, but they look badass so whatever. The mugs are pretty big and the handles are big enough for my whole hand. I usually feel like I have big lumberjack hands (which I kinda do) when I pick up mugs by their handles, but this set makes me feel very little-lady-like. I think the plates will look fantastic with brownies on them or green salads.

No comments:

Post a Comment