Thursday, December 8, 2011

Wired connection: Complete!

Ahhhh...my own private sanctuary in the fourth bedroom. Today I finished the ethernet wiring project. My sides hurt (from working with zip ties above my head), and I'm sure they'll hurt more tomorrow, but for now, I am a happy panda. I ended up with less CAT 6 left over than I prefer, but I figure I can slap on an extension if it really gets out of hand. For now, my desk is where I want it to be, and everything is working swimmingly.

We bought a masonry bit so I could drill through the stucco, but the bit turned out to be too big for my drill. So I resorted to chipping away at the stucco to widen the hole so both the CAT 6 and coaxial cable could fit through. Who knew a crow bar could fill in for a chisel? I guess it's not that far of a stretch, but it was my first time using a crow bar for that application. After I'd fixed the hole, I found my drill bit set. As it turns out, I already had some masonry bits in my set. *facepalm* Well, at least I know for next time. Ike's been wanting to install a hose holder on the side of the house, so now there's nothing holding him back.

No comments:

Post a Comment