Saturday, October 15, 2011

Now with modern conveniences!

For now I'm classifying October weather here as comfortably bizarre. After previous chilly week, I thought we'd fully switched into Winter Ahead mode, but it seems I was wrong. This week has been positively delightful and bordering on (gasp) too warm. It's still 60°F and it's the middle of the night! So that's been nice.

What's been nicer? Clean, fresh from the dryer clothes. I'm not saying I was wearing dirty clothes. I'm just saying I was wearing dirty shirts. And sometimes dirty pants. But that's as far as it went. I swear.

Anyway! We have a washer and dryer and they both work well. The dryer works so well that it will dry your clothes forever or until your house loses power! We haven't touched the "more dry" setting because the "dry" setting is bloody hot enough as it is. The washer works just fine, but the piping for it is almost certainly where the Crawlspace Leak originated, seeing how the floor directly beneath the piping is discolored and the piping itself is in desperate need of some PVC cement. But it goes in a neat loop-di-loop, so it wins in cuteness.

So until Ike fixes the piping, he's got the water dumping into a trash can (a very nice trash can!) and then he's dumping it in the yard. The trash can has ambitions of becoming a rain barrel one day soon. And I think we can weave the hosing through the laundry wall and out to the backyard so the trash can won't be sitting between the washer and dryer like it is now.

The going price of a used large appliance is between $35 and $40. Not bad at all.

The fridge is in the kitchen now. I got to power lift it onto the cart in the kitchen, because even though my upper body strength pales in comparison to what it was five years ago, my quads still have it in them. Plus I was already on the right side of the fridge to lift, and Ike had a hell of a time keeping the cart steady on the other side. I really don't know which task was harder. And this doesn't make much sense without a schematic. So here:

I'm the one on the right with the nice legs.

I will say that having a fridge in the garage is a great incentive not to eat things from it. I bet it would be a weight loss supplement. Or you could move your whole kitchen into the garage! But then a chair would appear in the garage and you'd just end up there, slightly less comfortable, but eating as normal.

Can you tell it's late?

But wait there's more! Pictures! Since I know you like pictures. Here is one of the sheds on the side of the house. One of them looks like kid play house, but it's nice. Double pane windows (right? I think it has those), electricity, and a lockable door. The other one is directly to the right of the wooden one in the picture; if you look closely you can see the corrugated metal. It's much more of a shack-type shed. It's got an old, deteriorating wooden floor and it used to hold boxes of xylene products. *blink*


And here's one of the sunset, which I hardly notice since most of the windows on the west side of the house are high and/or small. But I caught a glimpse of it tonight while working, and I swear the clouds were a much more vibrant pink. The image is unedited (aside from resizing and cropping), so perhaps I didn't use the correct camera setting to capture the lovely colors. That electrical tower buzzes at night like a gigantic bug zapper. But you only hear it if you're outside, so it's not bad.


Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment