Thursday, October 6, 2011

All in

The asbestos guy made it seem like the ceilings would be incredibly ugly after the acoustic popcorn coating was removed, but in reality they're just flat and boring. Each room has a few scratches and inconsistencies, but it's definitely not cringe-worthy. I'm so glad we didn't drop more money on having them redone. I think we can refinish them ourselves (would that be with plaster? not sure of the materials needed yet).

All of our belongings are here. We moved in over a long, grueling weekend. My back has mostly recovered, but I still need to catch up on sleep. Since the asbestos removal involved all the ducts being taken out, we couldn't turn on the heat even if we wanted to (and since it's 44°F right now, I want to). Taking a shower at night has made the cold evenings much more bearable for me (especially considering my circulation issues). I'm all toasty before sleeping now, and I sleep more deeply.

The cats have settled in well. They love all the extra space and the windows. It's so much quieter here, too, and I think they appreciate that as much as I do.

This place doesn't really look like a home yet on the inside, but it feels like one.

No comments:

Post a Comment