Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm a big guy and I got my fat ass down here!

The title was what the pest inspector said when the tenant explained that some other inspector was a really big guy and couldn't get down into the house's crawlspace.

Yesterday was Inspection Day, which, if you didn't know, could easily be called Why Your Dream Home Might be a Nightmare Home, but luckily we didn't have problems that needed fixing immediately. We just had some that it'd be really good to fix as soon as we could. But, you know, people are living with them now, so it's okay, right? Right. I mean, mostly.

I didn't take pictures because it slipped my mind. In retrospect, it'd have been weird to take pictures because the tenant's stuff is all over the place. It's weird photographing someone else's stuff.

The home inspector's report will probably be treated (by us) as a to-do list, so I'm glad he's putting together something that's pretty thorough. As much as I'd rather have a healthier house, what do you expect on a 50+ year old house that attracts the poorest of homebuyers?

No comments:

Post a Comment