Monday, April 2, 2012

Half power

If I'd written about this yesterday, y'all would've thought I was kidding around, and I wish I were. But yesterday half the electrical wiring in our house decided to die. The fourth bedroom, Ike's room, and almost all of the living room is without power. I think it had something to do with the power outage + power surge that happened really early Sunday morning. Then I was plugging my computer setup back in later Sunday and heard some crackling. Then nothing in that room (the fourth bedroom) would turn on. And none of the circuit breakers were tripped either, which seems odd to me, since they're supposed to protect from surges, right? So anyway, we've got to get an electrician in here sometime. We've wanted to rewire this place pretty much since we first decided to buy it, but it's one of those things you want to choose to do, not need to do because half your wiring kicks the bucket.

No comments:

Post a Comment